L2A skipps tiles

Hi,
I have a feeling that the L2A did not process all tiles for the whole season. I am processsing all tiles in southern Sweden and my season start is in first of april. Up until end of july, I only get L2A products for two tiles. In augst I am getting products for the other tiles as well. It’s strange that I dont get anything for the other tiles for 3 whole months. The weather is not great in Sweden but its not that terrible. Is there a way to reprocess the tiles for the first months? I tried sudo systemctl restart sen2agri-services but no L2A jobs came up.

/ Bastian

Hello Bastian,

You should have first a look in the table l1_tile_history to see the “failed_reason” and the “cloud_percentage” for the tiles that you are not processed.
Do you have the missing tiles in this table?
If not, there might be an issue with the DEM for these tiles. Could you please check that these tiles are covered by the SRTM DEM and that they are not over 60 deg latitude?
If you want to reprocess any product (or a set of products) you should:

• delete the corresponding entries from l1_tile_history
  • update the status from 6 to 2 into downloader_history.
    For example, you can reprocess all the failed products executing:

psql -U admin sen4cap -c “delete from l1_tile_history where downloader_history_id in (select id from downloader_history where status_id = 6)”
psql -U admin sen4cap -c “update downloader_history set status_id = 2 where status_id = 6”

Please note that these commands are resetting also the products that failed due to the clouds (and that will fail again on another execution).

Best regards,
Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,
thanks for the quick reply. I have tested your query but I think the problem is somewhere else. I am checking the number of products with this query.
select product_name,product_date,created_timestamp,status_reason from public.downloader_history where product_name like ‘%VPK%’ order by created_timestamp desc;
and compare it with the number of donwloads with this query.
select product_name,product_date,created_timestamp,status_reason from public.downloader_history where product_name like ‘%VXC%’ order by created_timestamp desc;
For the tile VPK which is under 60 deg north I only get 15 pictures starting on the 10 Aug 2020. For the tile VXC I am getting 91 pictures starting with the first of february 2020. So it feels like the pictures for VPK never got downloaded att all.

Dear Bastian,

You could try forcing the services to re-download the products that failed during preceding queries.
In the psql, you could execute the following queries:

delete from downloader_history where product_name like ‘%VPK%’ and status_id in (1, 3, 4);
update config set value = true where key like ‘downloader.%2.forcestart’

This will force queries for this tile to be performed from the beginning of the season.

As an optional action, you could try removing all the directories “failed_queries” in the /mnt/archive/dwn_def/*/default/*/ directories.
After doing all these operations, you should restart the sen4cap services:

sudo systemctl restart sen2agri-services

Best regards,
Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,
I checked first if there are any entries which I could restart with this query:
Select * from public.downloader_history where product_name like ‘%VPK%’ and status_id in (1, 3, 4);
But there are no entries att all. So i skipped the queries you suggested and deleted all of the failed queries instead. I also restarted the system but I did not get any more S2 tiles. Somehow, the system did not register them att all.

Dear Bastian,

Could you please provide the logs of the sen4cap services after you execute the commands?

psql -U admin sen4cap -c “update config set value = true where key like ‘downloader.%2.forcestart’”
sudo systemctl restart sen2agri-services

Best regards,
Cosmin