Download repeating on same tile

Dear Sen4Cap,

When we create two sites(different AOI) from same tile, noticed that tiles need to be downloaded again. Logically, shouldn’t be downloading again?

Thanks and Regards,
Henry

Hello Henry,

All the sites are working independently. So if you create a new site, it will do the download/access to the satellite data and the preprocessing again. One thing that you have to know is that the AOI is used only to select the S1, S2 and L8 data that interesect this AOI. So you can upload parcels that are outside this AOI and the system will still processed them. If you assume or verify that the new AOI is sufficiantly close to the old one, you could upload new parcels to the old site and process them. Still, if it is important for you to create 2 separate sites and you want to bypass the download/access and preprocessing steps (because it was already done by another site), there should a way to recreate manually the needed directories, create for example sym links to the data from the other sites and fullfill carefully the database accordingly. If you are interested in this solution, I could ask some help from our IT team inside the consortium (and maybe that some importing scripts already exist).

Best regards,

Philippe

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for explanation and your advice. Yes, if we don’t have to save the same image again, it will be very helpful and save a lot of storage for us.That would be great if you can share the script. Looking forward to it.

Thank and Regards,
Henry

Hello @Philippe_Malcorps,

We are still interested of above solution and could you share the script?

Thanks and Regards,
Henry

Hello Henry,

Sorry for the delay. And please find below the instructions to create a new site, and import in the database the products from an old site to this new site.

Don’t hesitate if you have any question.

Best regards,

Philippe

Create_new_site_and_import_products_from_old_site.txt (2.9 KB)

1 Like

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for the script. We will try it out and get back to you.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hello @Philippe_Malcorps,

It works well and restored products successfully. i can access the products in new site now. For next step, I want to download remaining area of AOI and i also want to generate data for new season. I enabled the site on UI, created new season and changed value to true as following.

update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘l8.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;
update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘s2.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;
update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘s1.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;

update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘downloader.s1.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;
update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘downloader.s2.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;
update config set value=‘true’ where key=‘downloader.l8.enabled’ and site_id=‘19’;

But seems it’s not downloading and not working. any tips?

Thanks and Regards,
Henry

Hello Henry,

A few tips:

• you can restart the Sen4CAP services via the command:
    sudo systemctl restart
    sen2agri-monitor-agent sen2agri-scheduler sen2agri-executor
    sen2agri-orchestrator sen2agri-http-listener
    sen2agri-demmaccs.{service,timer} sen2agri-services
  • you should verify that your monitoring period is inside the 1 year archive from ESA SciHub (beginning from today). Indeed, ESA SciHub ensured only 1 year data archive. If it is before this period, you will have to download the S2 L1C manually from ESA SciHub and copy them on your machine with the system. It is a procedure of reqesting an access, then ESA SciHub recreates the archive for you to download it. Is this your case?

Best regards,

Philippe