Error on S2MowingDetection Step

Dear Sen4Cap and @cudroiu ,

I have changed configuration of L4B accordingly and seems step 1 and 2 are working. It’s stuck at step 3 and I got below errors. Please help to solve it out.

Thanks and Regards,
Henry

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_main.py”, line 971, in
main()
File “/usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_main.py”, line 965, in main
do_cmpl=s4cConfig.do_cmpl, test=s4cConfig.test)
File “/usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_main.py”, line 740, in main_run
test=test)
File “/usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_main.py”, line 222, in run_proc
burned_pixels, seg_attributes = S2_gmd.layer2mask(segmentsFile, output_vrt, segmentsOutRaster, layer_type=‘segments’, options=options_layer_burning)
File “/usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_gmd.py”, line 416, in layer2mask
ogr_data.ExecuteSQL(‘CREATE SPATIAL INDEX ON %s’ % LayerName)
File “/home/sen2agri-service/miniconda3/envs/sen4cap/lib/python3.6/site-packages/osgeo/ogr.py”, line 800, in ExecuteSQL
return _ogr.DataSource_ExecuteSQL(self, *args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: CreateSpatialIndex : unsupported operation on a read-only datasource.

Hi,
I received the exact same error. Did you find a way to solve this problem?

Best regards
Bastian

No, Bastian. I am still waiting for sen4cap support. Hope it can be solved out.

Cheers!

@kraftek do you think there will be a solution to this problem soon? We were planning on using the mowing results next week…

Dear Bastian,

I assume that you are running on a local machine and you cannot provide me access to it in order to have a look over it. In this case:

• can you provide the config file you used?
  • In a console, could you login under the user sen2agri-service (sudo su -l sen2agri-service) and execute the commands:
  1. Corresponding to the MowingInputShpGenerator step - check that file corresponding to the -o parameter is correctly created and can be opened in QGis
  2. If 1. was OK, execute the command corresponding to the S2MowingDetection step.
    (Before executing the above steps commands please ensure that the paths inside the commands like /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/s4c_l4b/XXXXXX/XXXXXX-s4c-grassland-gen-input-shp, /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/s4c_l4b/XXXXX/XXXXX-s4c-grassland-mowing/SEN4CAP_L4B_S2_OutputData and /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/s4c_l4b/XXXXX/XXXXX-product-formatter/ are created - you can create them using mkdir -p < PATH > ).

Please provide the command for this step and the logs that resulted during execution.

Best regards,
Cosmin

Dear @cudroiu,

Welcome back.

We are running Netherlands sample site and I have attached for L4B Config.

Step 1 is working fine and I can view the shape file in QGIS. I checked all those folders and they are there. Refer to below screenshot. I also attached the command and result log. Let me know if you need further info to solve it out.

S4C_L4B_NLD_Config.zip (1.8 KB)
l4b_commandANDlog.txt (31.7 KB)

Thanks and Regards,
Henry

Hello,

It seems that some updates were made in the gdal version from the conda (I assume there is a newly installed or updated machine) and in this new version were introduced some constraints.
I am attaching 2 patches (S2_gmd.patch and S1_gmd.patch in the archive Sen4CAP_v_1_2_L4B_S1_gmd_patches.zip (790 Bytes) ) for this issue that can be installed with the following commands:

unzip Sen4CAP_v_1_2_L4B_S1_gmd_patches.zip
sudo patch -u /usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s2/S2_gmd.py -i S2_gmd.patch
sudo patch -u /usr/share/sen2agri/S4C_L4B_GrasslandMowing/Bin/src_s1/S1_gmd.py -i S1_gmd.patch

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Cosmin

2 Likes

Dear Cosmin,

It’s worked like a magic. Thanks a lot for your support as usual.

Regards,
Henry