Sen4Cap sample data

Hello Sen4Cap team!

Earlier there was talk of providing data and configuration samples for Sen4Cap.

Data and configuration settings which are good to go would be useful for testing and troubleshooting the system installation and configuration. It would also provide a reference point from a technical as well as analytical point of view. Furthermore, it would enable those who do not yet have all the prerequisites, e.g. Finland with her higher latitudes’ DEM issue, to fully experiment with the system.

Can we expect to have such samples available in the near future?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Sakari

Hello Sakari,

It is a good idea. The only potential issue concerns the privacy of the holdings identification but I will discuss it with one of our partner Paying Agencies. If we don’t find a solution for that, we can still share the parcels with a unique or random holding id, and only the specific crop diversification script could not be used (rest is ok). I will keep you informed.

Best regards,

Philippe

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your answer! Surely any working input files would be of great utility even if some processors couldn’t be run. Looking forward to hearing more!

Best regards,
Sakari

Hello Sakari,

We uploaded on the website an example of the full range of data to upload in this system to be able to use all the system processors: http://esa-sen4cap.org/content/data. The site is located in the Netherlands.

Best regards,

Philippe

@Philippe_Malcorps

Thank you so much for the sample data set. I focus on L4A product. Can you help check the step and related files if they are correct?

1. When I add a new site, I upload 01_site_extent.zip.
  2. For declaration, I upload NLD_2019_parcels_31UFU_31UFT_10pc.zip.
  3. For LUT data, I upload Sen4CAP_L4A_NLD_2019_CropCode_LUT.csv (in 03_L4A_LUT folder)

How long will it take to get the first round of L4A product?

Regards,
Ant

Hi Philippe,

Many thanks for providing this sample data set! We’ll let you know of our experiences when we have tested it.

Best regards and a wonderful Midsummer to all!
Sakari

@Philippe_Malcorps

What should we put for the Start of season, Middle of season and End of season?

Regards,
Ant