Settings for temporary grassland without ploughing

Hi, I am trying to analyse temporary grasslands, which are not supposed to be ploughed or treated in other ways until the end of the year. I am trying to wrap my head around the correct set up for the L4C practice file. It’s tricky to use the guidelines since its not always so detailed but do you have any suggestions on the setup? I guess it could be fallow land? I do not need to detect a harvest and no soil treatment from summer to the end of the year. I hope you can help me.
Best
Bastian

Hi, it would be really great to get some help with this since our controllers will soon do a field check for this practice and we would like to use the analysis as a risk classification. I am trying the NA-mode and i guess it looks fine in the folder ts_input/NA/

when I run the analysis I am only getting NA under the different markers

Do you have any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Hello Bastian,
The L4C processors are designed to analyse the arable land parcels, if you use them for grasslands you cannot expect to get reliable results. Grassland ploughing scenario is not implemented in the system.
Lubos

Hello Lubos,
but is not a fallow land the same in some way? It might also have a grass/herbaceous vegetation which the farmer is not supposed to plough. Or is the whole system based on that a harvest is detected?
Best
Bastian

Dear Bastian,

Did you try with an already finish time period (for example : H_end = ‘2020-12-01’) ?
Otherwise it’s seems ok.
What’s type of configuration are you using (in your config file) ?

Best regards,

Diane

Hi Diane,
I have set H_end to 2020-12-15 and I have the following configurations. They are taken from the example files from the test data.

[CC_TIME_SERIES_ANALYSIS_PARAMS]
CC_NDVIUP=500
CC_AMPTHRMIN=0.2
CC_AMPTHRBREAKDEN=3
CC_AMPTHRVALDEN=3
CC_COHTHRBASE=0.1
CC_COHTHRABS=0.7
CC_EFAAMPTHR=0.03
CC_CATCHMAIN="-"

[NA_TIME_SERIES_ANALYSIS_PARAMS]
NA_NDVIUP=500
NA_AMPTHRMIN=0.2
NA_COHTHRBASE=0.1
NA_COHTHRABS=0.7
NA_AMPTHRBREAKDEN=3
NA_AMPTHRVALDEN=3

NA_EFANDVITHR="-10000"
NA_EFANDVIUP="-10000"
NA_EFANDVIDW="-10000"
NA_EFACOHCHANGE="-10000"
NA_EFACOHVALUE="-10000"

We are having the same issues at the moment - doing an early 2021 season L4C run for NA fields and we are not getting any usable results - just the table filled with NA and NA1, the same as in your screenshot. Did you ever manage to solve this issue?

Hi, no not really so we just kind of dropped it since it was not super important. Hope you can find a solution.

Best
Bastian